Passport Program & Photo Contest
Passport to Your Ohio History
Starting in Winter 2015, you can request the new Ohio History Connection passport.
Explore Ohio, a state rich with stories of Native American and African American culture, 19th-century life, ancient earthworks, presidential heritage, space travel and more. Enjoy your visits. Have fun while you learn. And don’t miss the chance to capture a memorable adventure that is uniquely yours!
Within your passport you'll find helpful information about each Ohio History Connection site. As you visit, you can collect site stamps representing each location and answer challenging trivia questions.
Passports will be available at the Ohio History Center and many of our sites throughout Ohio beginning in Winter 2015. For more information regarding the passport, call 800.647.2498 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ohio History Photo Contest 2014
Photos taken at Ohio History Connection sites from September 2013 through August 2014 are eligible. Winners will be featured on our website.
The deadline for submissions was August 31, 2014, submissions may be featured on the Ohio History Connection website and our Flickr and Facebook pages.
Photo Contest Details and Rules
With each submission, please include a document that lists the following:
Last name, first initial
Name of the historic site where photo was taken
Both email and home addresses
List of submitted photos (up to four)
- Electronic submissions preferred.
- Electronic submissions must be at 300 dpi in JPG, TIFF or PDF format.
- You may take photographs of the exterior of the sites, but restrictions on interior photography are specific to each site. Some restrictions might include no use of flash inside the site, no photos during tours, no touching or moving any historic object, no use of tripod or other equipment that may in any way mark or damage the site.
- By entering the contest, you relinquish your rights of the photograph to the Ohio History Connection for use in the calendar, promotional or advertising materials, website, social media, etc. When possible, a citation will be used to attribute work to the photographer.
- Photos with people must be accompanied by a signed release form. (Excludes photos in which individuals are unidentifiable.)
- Multiple entries are permitted (up to 4), but only one photo per entrant may be selected as a winner.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.