Masks are no longer required but please practice social distancing whenever possible.
Find the stone memorial recalling that this small park was the site of Fort Jefferson from 1791 to 1796. A confederacy of American Indians defeated Gen. Arthur St. Clair’s army in a 1791 battle that became known as “St. Clair’s Defeat,” and the army retreated to Fort Jefferson. Average visit time: Allow 30 minutes
Named in honor of Thomas Jefferson, then Secretary of State, Fort Jefferson was one of a chain of defensive forts built to protect army supplies from American Indians. It served as a supply base throughout the campaigns of Gen. St. Clair and Gen. Anthony Wayne, and was abandoned in 1796.
Fort Jefferson is managed locally by the Darke County Commissioners.