Ohio Historic Site Preservation Advisory Board
The 17-member Ohio Historic Site Preservation Advisory Board is appointed by the governor to advise the State Historic Preservation Officer and the Ohio History Connection Board of Trustees on historic preservation issues. The state review board plays an important role in the National Register of Historic Places program. The Board holds four meetings each year to recommend Ohio properties for nomination to the National Register of Historic Places.
Ohio Historic Site Preservation Advisory Board Meeting - June 17, 2022
The Advisory Board will meet on June 17, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. Due to the continued efforts to control the spread of COVID19, the meeting will be held virtually. All participants, including form preparers property owners, elected officials and interested parties are invited to attend the meeting via Zoom.
Certified Local Government Grant Selection Committee Meeting
When: June 10, 2022 / 9 a.m.
Where: Virtual Zoom Webinar. Click the link above to register.
Funding for grants to Certified Local Governments (CLG) comes from the U.S. Department of the Interior's Historic Preservation Fund (CFDA 15.904), administered by the National Park Service, which provides financial support to State Historic Preservation Offices. Under provisions of the National Historic Preservation Act, 10% of the annual appropriation to Ohio is set aside for CLG grants.
Ohio's CLG grants are awarded on a 60%/40% matching basis except for projects that qualify as Funding Priorities; for these projects, the grant can cover up to 100% of the project cost. For other projects, the grant amount covers up to 60% of the total project cost with the grant recipient providing the balance. The grant recipient match can be made through any combination of cash, in-kind and donated services and materials. With the exception of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds, federal funds cannot be used to meet the matching share requirements of CLG grants.
Meeting Schedule and Related Submission and Notification Dates
|Initial Complete Nomination|
|March 18, 2022||Oct. 15, 2021||Jan. 17, 2022||Feb. 16, 2022||Feb. 25, 2022|
|June 17, 2022||Jan. 14, 2022||Apr. 18, 2022||May 18, 2022||May 27, 2022|
|Sept. 23, 2022||Apr. 15, 2022||July 25, 2022||Aug. 24, 2022||Sept. 2, 2022|
|Dec. 9, 2022||July 1, 2022||Oct. 10, 2022||Nov. 9, 2022||Nov. 18, 2022|
Members of the Ohio Historic Site Preservation Advisory Board
- Timothy Anderson, Athens, Historian
- Rachel, E. Bankowitz, Dayton, Planner
- Marti Chaatsmith, Dublin, Native American
- Paul B. Graham, Columbus, Archaeologist- Vice Chair
- Clyde Henry, Obetz, Architect
- Stuart D, Hobbs, Columbus, Historian - Chair
- Stacey L. Hoffman, Cincinnati, Planner
- Sandra Hull, Wooster, Public Member
- Nathaniel Kaelin, Columbus, Planner
- Amy Kramb, Dublin, Architectural Historian
- Elizabeth C. Murphy, Akron, Architect
- Samuel H. Porter, Columbus, Public Member
- Frank S. Quinn IV, Circleville, Planner
- Daniel Rice, Cuyahoga Falls, Public Member
- Elwin Robison, Kent, Architectural Historian
- Richard C. Rooney, Chillicothe, Public Member
- Doreen N. Uhas-Sauer, Columbus, Public Member