Posted August 6, 2015
Ohio History Connection Announces New Board Members
(COLUMBUS, OH)-The Ohio History Connection announces new board members for 2015-2016. The following people have joined the Ohio History Connection’s board of trustees:
- Suhas Kakde of Dayton was elected to a first three-year term. Mr. Kakde is the founder and CEO of US Aeroteam in Dayton, a manufacturer of ground support equipment and aircraft engine parts for the aviation and national defense industry. He also founded Infoglobe, an international software service company.
- Robert W. Lucas of Pemberville was elected to a second three-year term. Mr. Lucas is former (retired) president of United Way of Greater Toledo and former president and CEO of DeNovo, Inc. During his career in business, Mr. Lucas served in the U.S. Army Special Forces Airborne (Reserve) for 29 years and retired with the rank of Command Sergeant Major.
- Joseph M. Patchen of Worthington was elected to a first three-year term. Mr. Patchen is a partner in the law firm of Carlile Patchen & Murphy in Columbus, where he practices corporate and real estate law for closely held businesses, financial institutions, not-for-profits, professionals and other individuals across numerous industries.
The following people have been elected or reelected as officers of the board of trustees:
- Glenda S. Greenwood of Springfield, President *
- Ronald J. Ungvarsky of Bexley, Vice President
- Robert W. Lucas of Pemberville, Treasurer
- James A. Wilson of Bexley, Secretary
Additional members of the board of trustees include:
- Thomas V. Chema
- C. Ellen Connally*
- Loann W. Crane
- James F. Dicke II*
- Richard F. Hillis*
- Nancy P. Hollister*
- George M. Ironstrack
- Tami Longaberger*
- Michael G. Rapp*
- Elizabeth A. Weibel*
- Roderick H. Willcox
The Ohio History Connection board of trustees meets four times a year. Meetings are open to the public. For more information, visit ohiohistory.org/about-us/board-of-trustees.
*Indicates governor-appointed members.
Ohio Historical Society is now Ohio History Connection
On May 24, 2014, the Ohio Historical Society changed its name to the Ohio History Connection. Established in 1885, this nonprofit organization provides a wide array of statewide services and programs related to collecting, preserving and interpreting Ohio’s history, archaeology and natural history through its more than 50 sites and museums across Ohio, including its flagship museum, the Ohio History Center in Columbus. For more information about programs and events, call 800.686.6124 or go online at www.ohiohistory.org.