New Collections Available to Researchers November 2008
The Manuscripts & Audiovisual Team at the Ohio Historical Society is pleased to announce that a variety of new collections are cataloged and available to researchers. These original manuscript and audiovisual collections are housed at the Society’s headquarters, the Ohio Historical Center, in Columbus, Ohio. They are available for use in the Archives/Library reading room to the public during open hours. To find out more about the collections on the list, please go to our Online Collections Catalog at https://www.ohiohistory.org/occ/menu.htm. The catalog is available on the web twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. You can search for collections by the call number or keywords in the title.
An interesting item cataloged in October is a broadside alerting the people of Ross County, Ohio to the approach of Confederate raider, General John Hunt Morgan, in 1863. Records for Manuscript & Audiovisual collections are regularly added to the catalog. We will continue to post monthly updates on our progress.
Broadside Alerting the People of Ross County, Ohio to the Approach of Confederate Raider, General John Hunt Morgan, in 1863
AV 107 Ohio Bridges Photograph Collection
AV 114 Ohio Water Commission
AV 168 Wood Family Collection
AV 175 Charles ONeal Collection
AV 180 Ohio Institute for Feeble Minded Youth Lantern Slide Collection
AV 182 Ohio Senators Negative Collection
AV 187 Eilbert, Doelker, Deutsch Family Collection
OVS 7303 The NAMES Project Aids Memorial Quilt Poster