Posted March 31, 2010
This spring the State Archives will be holding a series of Just the Basics webinars around the state. These webinars will introduce records-keepers to the records management practices in Ohio, including the procedures for creating records retention schedules and filing certificates of disposal with the State Archives. The cost is $20.00 and participants may either attend the webinar from their own office or can attend it with a group of their peers at five regional sites:
- April 26th: Akron-Summit County Public Library (1:00 pm 2:30 pm)
- May 3rd: Greene County Public Library (1:30 pm 3:00 pm)
- May 7th: Wood County Public Library (1:00 pm 2:30 pm)
- May 10th: Delaware County Public Library (2:00 pm 3:30 pm)
- May 14th: Garnet A. Wilson Public Library of Pike County (1:00 pm 2:30 pm)
To register or for more information please contact Jillian Carney at [email protected]. In March State Archives staff met with staff from the Department of Insurance and transferred the following records: photographs, 2006-2009; newsletters, 1957-1987; and newspaper releases and news bulletins, 2000-2007. These Department of Insurance records will be cataloged and added to the Ohio Historical Societys Online Collection Catalog. The following record series have been processed and cataloged and bibliographic descriptions are available in the Ohio Historical Societys Online Collection Catalog:
- State Archives Series 7123: Secretary of State. Executive Orders and Proclamations, ca. 1968-1998.
- State Archives Series 7207: Office of the Governor. Legal Division. Public Records Requests, 1999-2006.
- State Archives Series 7243: Ohio. General Assembly. Senate. Senator Robert Schulers Bill Files, 1993-2007.
- State Archives Series 7255: Ohio Ethics Commission. Advisory Opinions and Index, 1974-2000.