Posted December 11, 2009
Two State Archives staff members attended the Ohio Digital Government Summit sponsored by Government Technology magazine. The Summit provided a great overview of the hot topic issues in government IT. Both staff members really enjoyed learning about Web 2.0 in the government, new video conferencing techniques, and time saving data sharing methods. Both staff members felt that the workshop gave them helpful advice that can be utilized in the State Archives and other government entities around the state.
This month State Archives staff accessioned the records of the late Robert Schuler who passed away on June 19, 2009. Senator Schuler served the 7th Ohio Senate District encompassing Warren and part of Hamilton counties from 2003 until his death. Among the committees he belonged to was the Energy & Public Utilities Committee which he chaired. Prior to his election to the Senate Schuler served as a State Representative from 1993-2000. Senator Schulers records will be cataloged and included in the Online Collections Catalog (https://www.ohiohistory.org/occ/menu.htm).
The following finding aids for record series have been added to the OHS Finding Aids Collection in Ohio Memory and are linked to the catalog records in our Online Collections Catalog (https://www.ohiohistory.org/occ/menu.htm). You can search for the State Archives Series number in the Archives/Library Keyword call number search.
- State Archives Series 6691: Office of the Governor. Labor Liaison subject files, 1999-2004
- State Archives Series 6692: Office of the Governor executive correspondence, 1999-2006
- State Archives Series 6694: Office of the Governor campaign records, 1997-2001
- State Archives Series 6695: Office of the Governor executive orders, 1999-2006
- State Archives Series 6702: Office of the Governor. Chief Policy Advisor subject files, 1994-2006 (bulk 1999-2006)
- State Archives Series 6743: Office of the Governor subject files, 1999-2006
- State Archives Series 6745: Office of the Governor. Legal Division agency files, 1998-2006
- State Archives Series 6771: Office of the Governor. Executive Assistant to the Governor subject files, 1993-2007 (bulk 2005-2006)
- State Archives Series 6976: Office of the Governor judicial appointment files, 1998-2006
- State Archives Series 6989: Office of the Governor. Chief of Staff bill files, 2003
- State Archives Series 7054: Office of the Governor. Communications Office. Events Coordinator subject files, 2000-2006