Step inside a sanctuary built in 1917–1918 by Hungarian immigrants — and hear a story never before told.
Elyria’s Hungarian Reformed families once traveled to Cleveland every Sunday to worship in their own language. In 1916 they organized their own congregation, bought ground on West River Road, and built this church for an estimated $10,000. A young woman named Cornelia Csutoros raised a quarter of that sum going door to door during the First World War. Hungarian worship continued in this room until 1989.
A Spanish-speaking congregation followed in 2018. Our own congregation arrived in 2025.
Visitors will tour the sanctuary and hear the documented history — deeds, newspapers, and the names of the fourteen men who founded it. Copies of our research will be available.