The Ohio History Connection, as the State Archives for the state, preserves the historical records of Ohio’s legislative, executive, and judicial branches. In 1927 Representative Viola Romans of Columbus introduced legislation permitting the Ohio State Archeological and Historical Society to transfer into its custody state records. The following year Governor Vic Donahey transferred a number of non-current records to the Ohio History Connection. Over the next few years other state agencies also transferred records to the Ohio History Connection, including the Secretary of State’s Office, Treasurer’s Office, and the Adjutant General’s Office. In 1959 the General Assembly passed legislation officially designating the Ohio History Connection as the State Archives.