Posted February 21, 2014
Call for Papers and Meeting Announcement
The 32nd Annual Symposium on Ohio Valley Urban and Historic Archaeology
Saturday March 22, 2014 9:00 am
Registration opens 8:30 AM
Whitewater Valley Gateway Park Conference Center,
19067 U.S. 52, Metamora, Indiana
- Seeking papers, posters, and exhibits concerning all aspects of regional urban and historical archaeology. The geographic scope of the symposium covers all states within the Ohio River drainage.
- Formal papers are of 20 minutes duration. Poster displays and small exhibits will be presented throughout the day with scheduled attendance times for presenters.
- Papers may be submitted for review for publication in the symposiums journal Ohio Valley Historical Archaeology. Publication guidelines are provided upon request from the editor Donald B. Ball at the email provided below.
Interested Participants are requested to:
- send an abstract (100 words) or less before March 1, 2012 to the Program Chair Dr. Annette G. Ericksen at the e-mail address below. Indicate whether the presentation will be as a paper, poster session, or display.
- send registration information and any special A/V equipment needs to Arrangements Chair Dawn Walter Gagliano at the e-mail addresses or via snail mail by using the form below.
Registration Fees: $30.00 per person; Students $10.00; fees will cover facility rental and a catered lunch provided by the Hearthstone Restaurant of Metamora. Please send check or register and complete payment via Pay Pal at: [email protected] Visit us on Facebook for Updates! (Afternoon tour of Historic Metamora planned) Contacts: Program Chair: Dr. Annette G. Ericksen, Hocking College Archaeology Arrangement Chair: Dawn Walter Gagliano, Hocking College Archaeology Editor: Donald B. Ball Nearby Hotels/ Restaurants: Comfort Inn, Batesville, Indiana (812) 934-6185 Hampton Inn, Batesville, Indiana (812) 934-6262 Bed and Breakfast options at Historic Metamora Indiana ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 32nd Annual Symposium on Ohio Valley Urban and Historic Archaeology Registration Form Name:___________________________________ (Total Number in Party):____ Institutional Affiliation (if any):________________________________________ Address: ____________________________________City/State/Zip:_________ Email: ___________________________ Phone: _____________ Amt $_______ Title of Presentation (include Abstract): __________________________________ _____________________________________________________________ A/V Equipment (specify): ___________________________________________ Send to: Annette G. Ericksen, School of Natural Resources, Hocking College, 3301 Hocking Parkway, Nelsonville, OH 45764