An Irish music band, folk singers and a group of ukulelists are among the performers who will be featured this summer during the Verandah Concert series at the Hayes Presidential Library & Museums.
The popular concerts take place twice a month on Wednesdays on the verandah of the historic home of 19th U.S. President Rutherford and First Lady Lucy Hayes.
Bring a lawn chair or blanket for seating on the expansive lawn. Admission is free.
Each event begins with an ice cream social at 6:30 p.m. Donations can be made for the ice cream but are not required. Performances then start at 7 p.m.
The 2023 Verandah Concert schedule is:
- June 14 – Fostoria Community Band, performing concert band music
- June 28 – Bridge County Bluegrass Band, performing bluegrass music
- July 12 – Robert Jones and Matt Watroba, performing a celebration of traditional and popular roots music
- July 26 – Grand Royale Ükulelists of the Black Swamp (GRÜBS)
- Aug. 9 – Toraigh, performing traditional Irish music
- Aug. 23 – North Coast Big Band, performing toe-tapping tunes of the World War II era
Verandah Concerts are sponsored by Fremont Federal Credit Union. Additional funding by Countryside Manor and ProMedica Memorial Hospital.
If there is inclement weather, concerts could be canceled. For updates, visit rbhayes.org or call 800-998-7737. Updates also will be posted on the Hayes Presidential Library & Museums’ social media pages.
Hayes Presidential will be open on Wednesdays this summer. The museum will be open from 9 am. to 8:30 p.m. Hayes Home tours are offered on the hour from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The research library is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Hayes Presidential is America’s first presidential library and the forerunner of the federal presidential library system. It is partially funded by the state of Ohio and affiliated with the Ohio History Connection. Hayes Presidential is located at Spiegel Grove at the corner of Hayes and Buckland avenues.
For information, call 419-332-2081, or visit rbhayes.org. Like Hayes Presidential on Facebook and follow on Twitter and Instagram at @rbhayespres.