View the 1908 Richland County Courthouse cupola at the Historical Society’s warehouse where it is being stabilized and studied for its future display. This artifact of the tinsmith’s trade was recently rediscovered by preservationist and courthouse aficionado Steve McQuillin. It was made for the 1908 courthouse “improvements” atop the new clock tower on the c. 1870 building, taken down during the demolition in 1968, and relegated to the disposal site of courthouse debris on a farm near town. The cupola suffered as a firearms target during its days on the farm in addition to the corrosion that had already eaten away at it and the damage from its removal from the courthouse roof. It is not in pristine condition to say the least. Come have a look and learn more about the tower, cupola, Lady Justice, and the courthouse they adorned.