Walk around one of the last ancient cone-shaped burial mounds remaining in Columbus, located in one-acre Campbell Park. Climb the steps to the top of the 20-foot-high and 100-foot-diameter mound built by people of the ancient Adena culture (800 B.C.–A.D.100). Average visit time: Allow 30 minutes
One of the last remaining ancient conical burial mounds in the City of Columbus, Shrum Mound was constructed about 2,000 years ago by the prehistoric Adena people. The mound is named for the donors, the Shrum family. The park is named for James E. Campbell, governor of Ohio, 1890-1892.