Help the Ohio Historic Preservation Office identify, register, and protect Ohio’s historic properties.
From prehistoric archaeological sites to architectural gems to entire historic business districts, neighborhoods and villages, the Society’s Historic Preservation Office is charged with helping preserve all of Ohio’s significant historic buildings, sites, structures, and districts. That’s a monumental task, and we need your help. You can help underwrite:
- Computerization and online access to more than 140,000 records in the Ohio Archaeological Inventory and the Ohio Historic Inventory
- A survey to record historic buildings in a mid-20th century neighborhood
- The nomination of an archaeological site to the National Register of Historic Places
- Outreach efforts such as the popular Building Doctor and annual Ohio Historic Preservation Office Awards programs
- Staff development opportunities ensuring that our staff remains current with the latest methods and techniques in the field of historic preservation
Please contact the Institutional Advancement Office at 800.647.6921 for more information on supporting the society's historic preservation efforts.