Passport to Your Ohio History
Now you have a way to record your memories when you visit the Ohio History Connection’s 58 sites and attractions with the Passport to Your Ohio History. Within your Passport you'll find helpful information about each Ohio History Connection site. As you visit, you can collect site stamps representing each location and answer challenging trivia questions.
Fill up your passport by receiving special “I Visited” stickers at each site and answering treasure-hunt-style questions related to the historic venues. Explore Ohio, a state rich with stories of Native American and African American culture, 19th-century life, ancient earthworks, presidential heritage, space travel and more.
Become the author of your own story as you use the journaling sections to record your experiences. Enjoy your visits. Have fun while you learn. And don’t miss the chance to capture a memorable adventure that is uniquely yours!
Complete your Passport with all 58 validation stickers and be inducted into the Passport to Your Ohio History Hall of Fame.
For more information regarding the Passport to Your Ohio History, call 800.647.2498 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ohio History Photo Contest 2014
Our Ohio History Photo Contest is back. We’re seeking your photographs of Ohio History Connection sites for the 2015 Ohio History Calendar. Twelve winners will grace the pages of the full-color calendar. Photos taken at Ohio History Connection sites from September 2013 through August 2014 are eligible.
See the 2012 winners.
The deadline for submissions was August 31, 2014
, submissions may be featured on the OHS website and our Flickr
pages. The 2014 Ohio History Calendar featuring our winners is available. The calendar is available for purchase at the Ohio History Center in Columbus, online at the Ohio History Store
and at select historical sites around the state.
With each submission, please include a document that lists the following:
Last name, first initial
Name of the historic site where photo was taken
Both email and home addresses
List of submitted photos (up to four)
Additional Details and Rules
- Electronic submissions preferred, but printed submissions are permissible.
- Electronic submissions must be at 300 dpi in JPG, TIFF or PDF format.
- You may take photographs of the exterior of the sites, but restrictions on interior photography are specific to each site. Some restrictions might include no use of flash inside the site, no photos during tours, no touching or moving any historic object, no use of tripod or other equipment that may in any way mark or damage the site.
- By entering the contest, you relinquish your rights of the photograph to the Ohio History Connection for use in the calendar, promotional or advertising materials, website, social media, etc. When possible, a citation will be used to attribute work to the photographer.
- Photos with people must be accompanied by a signed OHS release form. (Excludes photos in which individuals are unidentifiable.)
- Multiple entries are permitted (up to 4), but only one photo per entrant may be selected as a winner.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.