Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I renew my membership?
Approximately two months before your membership expires, you will receive a renewal notice. You may return the notice with payment by mail or renew your membership online.
- What if I receive another renewal notice after I have sent in my payment?
Please disregard the notice. Sometimes your payment and a reminder notice will cross in the mail.
- How do I change my address or correct a misspelled name?
If you create a profile account on our website, you can view and make changes to your name and contact information by logging in. Or, you can send us an e-mail with your name, member number, former address, new address and any other changes. Your information will be updated within 3 business days.
- I filed a change of address form with the Post Office when I moved. Do I still need to send you my new address?
We receive address updates from the Post Office approximately every three months. To ensure you receive all your membership materials, please contact us with your new address shortly before you move.
- I just mailed my membership application/renewal form and payment. When can I expect to receive my new membership cards?
New members will receive an introductory membership packet and card(s) within 3 weeks. Renewing members will receive updated membership cards within 3 weeks, as well.
- What do I do if I need a replacement membership card?
Contact the Membership Office to request a replacement card.
- If I purchase a new membership online, can I begin taking advantage of my membership benefits right away?
Yes! Look for a separate e-mail after you purchase your membership with instructions on how to print a temporary membership card. Present the temporary card at any OHS site to receive the admission benefit for your membership category.
- How do I use my 10% shopping discount at the online Ohio History Store?
Enter the membership coupon code into the box on the online shopping cart, prior to clicking the Checkout button. To obtain the coupon code, please call the Membership Office at 614.297.2332 or 800.686.1545.
- Can I give membership as a gift?
Yes, gift memberships are available for birthdays, graduation, holidays, or any other occasion. You can register friends, family, or associates for a gift membership on your renewal notice or application, by calling the Membership Office, or at our online store.
- How do I donate money to the Ohio Historical Society?
We accept monetary donations online, by mail, and over the phone. Please visit our donations web page for more information.
- How do I donate items to the Ohio Historical Society?
For information on how to donate historical items such as books, manuscripts, audiovisuals or artifacts, please contact the Collections Registrar at 800.686.6124.
- What are your hours?
Our museums' hours vary by site and season. Please visit our places page to get accurate information for each site regarding admissions and hours of operation. You may also contact the Society by calling toll free 614.297.2300 or 800.686.6124.