The Kenneth E. Behring National History Day Contest was held at the University of Maryland. The 2014 will be held June 15-19.
Ohio national finalists meet immediately following the state award ceremony to go over details for the trip.
Delegates attending nationals will receive:
• Information regarding online registration
• Information on group travel to College Park
• A T-shirt to wear for the NHD Awards Ceremony
• Information about staying in the dorms
• A packet of buttons for trading at NHD
The National History Day in Ohio staff will also schedule time to meet with and consult students on their entries. Meetings are not required, but will help students understand the NHD process.
Tentative 2014 National History Day Schedule
June 15th: - Welcome Ceremony, Registration
June 16th: - Junior Judging
Free day for Senior students
June 17th: - Senior Judging
Free day for Junior students
June 18th: - Senior Run-Offs
Trip to Washington D.C. to meet with Congressional Representatives or Senators
June 19th: - Awards Ceremony
2012 National History Day Results
2011 National History Day Results
2010 National History Day Results
2013 Ohio National Finalist Examples
- Senior Individual Website, NHD 1st place winner: John Vodrey, "On The Brink of Disunion: The Election of 1860"
- Senior Group Website, NHD 3rd place winners: Marcia Brown and Abby White, "From Pulpit to Protest: Ohio's Lane Rebels"
- Senior Individual Website: David Shakno, "The Emancipation Proclamation of College Basketball"
- Senior Group Website, NHD 4th place: Nick Adamson, Ben Goodman, Matthew Podl, Emmett Sweeney "The Iranian Hostage Crisis"
- Junior Group Website: Michael Tsou and Adam Issa, "The Battle of Britain: Turning Back Hitler's Assault"
- Junior Individual Website: NHD 10th place: Maryum Ali, "The Triangle Shirtwaist Fire: A Turning Point in Fire Safety"
- Junior Individual Documentary: Nora Torbett, "The Stono Rebellion"
- Junior Individual Documentary: Pheby Liu, "The Pure Food and Drug Act"
- Senior Group Documentary: Thad Barnette and Jack Babet, "The 1912 Ohio Constitutional Convention: Turning the Page on a New Century"
- Junior Individual Performance, NHD 4th place: Maya Farhat, "The Underground Railroad in Ripley, Ohio: A Turning Point in the Lives of Thousands of Slaves”
- Senior Group Performance, NHD 8th place: Noa Shapiro-Franklin, Sarah Marks, Lea Kayali, “Reed v. Reed: The Pivotal Catalyst to Legal Equality for Women, a Turning Point in American History”
Past National Projects from Ohio
Sample process papers and bibliographies
Senior Individual Website, NHD 1st place winner: Lukun Zhang, Kennedy's Kiddie Korps: Diplomacy by the Best and Brightest
Senior Individual Website, NHD 2nd place winner: Anirudh Dasarathy, "The Kansas-Nebraksa Act: The Debate Over the Expansion of Slavery"
Senior Group Website: Sarah Dombroski and Nicole Miller, "Dropping the Bomb: Moral Debate"
Senior Group Website: Miyah Grant, Erica Norris, and Jesus Cordova, "So Whose Choice Is It?"
Junior Group Website, NHD 6th place: Joan Colleran and Sachi Gosain, "The Cuyahoga River Fire, How the Smallest Fire Sparked a National Debate on Clean Water"
Junior Group Website: Clive Chan and Nate Calabrese , "The War of Currents: The Debate That Electrified America"
Junior Group Website: Justin Mascarin, "The Treaty of Versailles: No Lasting Peace"
Junior Individual Website: Kavya Ravichandran, "Heliocentrism: How the Debate Surrounding the Revolution of the Earth Revolutionized Science"
Watch past documentaries and performances on NHD-OH's You Tube page