Thank you for your interest in becoming a Digital Services volunteer! We’re interested in candidates with a passion for Ohio history, strong writing skills, some computer background and an interest in the digital side of preserving and providing access to historical materials.
Our volunteers perform the following tasks:
- Digitization of photographic and printed materials
- Metadata entry, including item-level research
- Performing quality control checks of digitized materials
- Transcription of historic documents (manuscripts,letters, diaries, etc.)
- Collation of historic newspapers
- Website help, as appropriate
If this sounds like the volunteer opportunity for you, please visit the OHS Volunteer page for more information on how to apply.
Please note that volunteers must be available between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.